Saturday, July 12, 2008

I'm into gaming recently..Gaming as in game consoles especially my PS2 which had been abandoned by me since I step into the world of ACCA. Another reason it was abandoned is because its lens had some problem which resulted restarting the console several times before a game can be launched. So after several attempts, i started to feel fed up so i didn't feel like playing with it, thinking the same thing will happen again and again. So finally i abandoned it. Recently, the arrival of the Nintendo Wii seems to have taken over its role in my bro's room which means the PS2 will be 100% abandoned! I was thinking what a waste after seeing the number of game bought last time so i decided to send the PS2 for repair and use it personally. Definitely i have to fork out the repair cost myself *sighs* as i recalled the last time it was repaired cost RM100++ which was borne half by my sis. Finally i got a call saying my PS2 was ready to be collected yesterday and i picked it up on my way back from college.

Guess what? since the PS2 belongs to me now, i'm going to make full use of it and TADA!!!

Introducing a new way of attaching a PS2...

l-r:PS2, Monitor(without av input), Speaker, Laptop

~it looks as good as new~

& it wouldn't be successful without...



~USB TV BOX(my self-proclaim ASTRO MAX*)~

* Use to record Astro programmes with it frequently..very clear recording(99%) & of course eats a lot of ur HD drive...very useful tool though!

Back to the new Wii..It's a great console i can say..my cousin brought it back from US 2 weeks ago and of course it costs lesser than in Malaysia, say about few hundred ringgit. On the day i fit the console with my bro's TV. I heard a sound 'piak' and then got some smell coming out from the adapter. Guess what, the adapter got burned. I did use the conversion plug(US 125V-> MY 240V) k? So i rushed to get a new adapter and sought advice from those game shops. I brought along the burned adapter. The fella said i needed a universal adapter which cost RM80 and a new adapter(the exact one i had originally) which cost RM120. He suggested a local made one(& cheaper of coz) but he said there were negative feedback on them so finally i said i'll take the ori one. Total=RM200..I was like OMG!! T_T there goes my money!! I tried to bargain. After some time, the fella gave in with a RM20 discount.

The features of the Wii was impressive
- full stimulation mode
- built in WiFi
- news channel with a globe GUI to search for any country's news
- global weather channel
- photo editor(something like photoshop)
- reads and supports SD, MiniSD, MicroSD, etc.
- nintendo cube accessories is also supported

The negative part is it cannot support pirated games. To enable it, you must get it modified at about RM200++. I'm waiting for the price to be lower before i modify it. Currently(currently only XD) i'm an original Wii Games supporter=)

~the Wii itself~

~front view->small yet max functionality~

more info?

No comments: